TrustFinder: Enabling Verified Information Environments (VIE)
Verified Information Environments (VIEs) bring trust and authenticity to internet communications and online data. VIEs bind context to data to improve information quality using shared data schemas and protocols, and governance mechanisms such as trust frameworks, standardized rules, and compensating controls.
How Does TrustFinder Help Researchers to Verify Annotations and Ensure the Integrity of Information?
Watch the video and see how it works:
Features of TrustFinder
Binds digitally signed annotations to data anywhere on the web
Enables author and authenticity of online claims to be identified
Carries claim authentication across documents
Highlights annotation category – for example, positive or negative
Applies new linked data and cryptographic techniques to enhance information integrity
Creates Verified Information Environments (VIEs) for researchers on the internet
TrustFinder Benefits to Researchers
With TrustFinder, researchers can achieve a number of benefits relating to resources, safety, integrity and speed:
- Create trust – Build trust in online content and data
- Verify data – Where did the information come from?
- Spot disinformation – Avoid content from bad actors
- Accelerate problem-solving – Act on data with confidence
- Prevent errors – Avoid budget and decision mistakes
- Ensure security and usability – Deliver a usable solution to all
Banking & Finance
Trustfinder Is Brought to You by:
Funded by the National Science Foundation.